Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Healing in Transition

We have been in quite the transition period over the past year. Facing our fears and listening to the Lord, we embarked to go where God was leading rather than where man was telling us was the right path. I myself had been looking for a place to connect and be fed and encouraged through The Word and with like-minded friends.

I say this all, because at some point, God always brings me back to my "roots of influence/growth". I would have to say that there are many people who have shaped what I am today and what I believe, but those that have, I am ever so grateful for God bringing them across my path. And to those of you - my friends - at The Navigators, Charis Bible College, & my FBC MOPS ladies - may the Lord bless you just as you have blessed me and my family!

I have gone from a place of grieving and feeling inadequate and exhausted; to feeling refreshed, encouraged, and capable. There have been friends and people who have come alongside and offered a helping hand - many without knowing it - and helping me steer through these past months of transition; and not just me, but to my husband as well. To feel again the ability and the capacity to reach out and give back as I once felt before is invigorating. And though the waves are still rolling high, I now feel encouraged and prepared. I am reminded that I am not alone; that there are others.

There is a song that I have never once not gotten goose bumps while listening to/singing. It still grabs a hold of me and ministers to me and I am so excited to feel the passion that was once so strong long ago, has returned!


Trees of life are blooming Your word plants the seed and we feel it
growing. Your kindness leading to repentance, We see traces Of deliverance Lord, thank You for mercy


Oh, can you hear it?It's the song of the redeemed; The pursuit of
passion for the one who set us free.


Oh, can you hear it? We're crying out for
more. Listen to our song, It's turning into a Holy Roar


Rivers of renewal Spirit whisper a revival And send us rushing Open hearts with hopes of unity Servants to love in lost humanity. Lord, send us reaching.


Oh, we come rejoicing and singing and
crying out to you, Lord Can you hear the Holy Roar



- Christy Nockles, Watermark

I am so thankful for the Lord's leading and for His voice and for those who listened to Him simply by reaching out and extending a hand. There truly is healing in transition.

No comments:

Post a Comment